Welcome Bienvenue Welkom Bienvenidos Willkommen Velkommen Benvenuti Aloha Wilkóm
Cultures Of The World - Introduction to Cultural Anthropology And Diversity Skills for Professionals
This exciting course runs over 12 months through distance learning and is scheduled to be offered in April-May 2015-2016. Enrolment is now open and your first lectures will be dispatched in April. The course provides a journey into the world’s varied cultures. This will be of specific interest to people interested in Cultural Anthropology. Participants will be presented with a Certificate on successful completion. The course gives an overview of the full scope of cultural anthropology and the work of many noted anthropologists such as Franz Boas, Bronislaw Malinowski, Margaret Mead, Marvin Harris and Napoleon Chagnon. Participants will by the end of the course appreciate the role of cultural anthropology in an ever changing global world. Among the questions raised during the course are:
- What do we as human share and what makes us different?
- What is progress? Are we really happier than "primitive" hunter-gatherer societies?
- How does language mould the way we perceive the world?
- How does globalisation affect native peoples around the world?
- What are the types of cannibalism and the beliefs associated with them?
- Why were contacts between Westerners and natives often wrought with cultural misunderstandings?
The course comprises of twenty-four lectures, with four written assignments to be completed. The final examination is also in distance learning format and is to be completed over a six week period.
This course is available on audio as well as text.
There is no Grant Assistance for this course.
It is recommended that you have already attained the Diploma in Social in Social Studies before participation in this course or have a Primary Degree in Social Science.
We look forward to your participation.
If you are interested please email to confirm your interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org and a prospectus will be forwarded to you by regular post.